Wednesday 18 March 2009

Chiwoniso Maraire - Wandirasa




Chiwoniso Maraire (Born in 1976 in Olympia, Washington, U.S.). Daughter of famed Zimbabwean mbira master Dumisani Maraire, she is an accomplished singer, songwriter, and exponent of East African music.

“I am like a mirror,” declares Zimbabwe’s popular music star Chiwoniso Maraire. “I basically sing about what I see happening in the world. If someone comes up to me in the street to ask for money I’ll sing about that. If people are jumping borders because their economic situation is too difficult, I’ll sing about that. If the police are beating people up and intimidating them, I’ll sing about that.”

A song of unrequited love...
with the kind participation of great dancer Alex Mhlanga from Amawumbo Dance Company.



More info @ Chiwoniso Official Website or @ MySpace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

riktgit skön låt! :)