Tuesday 17 April 2012

Elvis Presley - Always On My Mind


Today is a sad day, at least for me, "Stones", I was told early this morning from my sister that my mother had passed away, heavy, oh yes, is there something worse than a part of you going away. She, who was so close to me throughout my childhood, a person who showed me the right path, gave me the basics of everything. Shit, this became a bit hard for me now.

My Mom has been a sick for some time now, so it was expected, so I prepared myself a little inside that soon it will happen, that she is no more, a day that will be very bothersome, like this day, it fills your eyes with liquid and soon the tears fall down.

Mom was a nice person, stubborn lady but deep down incredibly kind and thoughtful. I had a pretty good childhood, considering that Dad left us quite early on, was just 5 years old when he "fell asleep". There were ups and downs, but on the whole, it has been very good.

I remember when I was just a lill boy and was introduced to Elvis Presley as my mother thought I would like and sure the hell I did. When we went out to the country house in Mamma's red Volvo was almost always Elvis that was played in the car, then on cassette. Got my first Elvis on Vinyl by Mom, i think I was around eight years old, the album was played on a "travelling gramophone", you know, one of those players in a suitcase were the speaker is located in the lid. I could say that Elvis was the start of my interest to music. However it was not Elvis that was my first record purchase for the hard saved weekly money, it was something else entirely.



Now I want you "Mom" to rest in peace and when times comes and you will return to Earth, you are more than welcome to come over for a visit, here you will get fine roasted coffee and Elvis played on Vinyl.

I dedicate today's song to my Mother, a song with Elvis, because the first I think of when i hear Elvis is my Mom. So this is the best way to honor her and for me to say goodbye Mom.

So now I feel immediately much better and can probably consider that the first part of the grieving process is over. Soon awaiting a funeral in the north where siblings and close relatives are going to attend, where i can take the last farewell.



More info @

Official Elvis Presley Web

spotifyListen to ”Elvis Presley - Always On My Mind" on Spotify here!

spotifyFollow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify here!

2 comments:

Spader Ess said...

Beklagar sorgen,

Har varit på den vägen själv. Även om det är väntat, så är det ingen lätt match att ta.

Ta vara på er.

Carmella @ elifesize.com said...

I love that song of his - You are always on my mind. It is full of love, I can feel the emotion.