Sunday 30 September 2012

Terry Reid - Dean


Sunday again ... heck how time goes by, hardly one can blink. It's been a pretty calm week for me, some music has passed my ear, was a bit larger event earlier this week, perhaps Thetania going to write about, I only heard the last act and I was not especially impressed.

At this day (Sundays), we usually dusting up a classic tune here. So todays classic will be a fellow called Terry Reid (born 13 November 1949, Huntingdon, England), who is an English rock vocalist and guitarist. He has performed with high profile musicians, as a supporting act, a session musician, and sideman.



Todays tune "Dean" is taken from the album River, released 1973. Reid returned with a new contract with Atlantic Records and the album was produced by Yes's Eddie Offord, the album received favourable reviews, but failed commercially. Some say it's a long lost classic, a flawed but worthy near masterpiece, others a bewildering jumble of styles, country rock, Latin, jazz and slow acoustic blues.

On the 1st Pyramid Stage, the spirit of Glastonbury 1971. Terry Reid featuring David Lindley on lap steel !



Here is a clip with sound only




 
More info @

Official Terry Reid Web

spotifyListen to "Terry Reid- Dean" on Spotify here!

spotifyFollow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl with a heart that keeps on changing
Girl with a mind that's moving on
Picking up on things that life's afforded
loosen up on teathers
Foreseen she's on

Many times I hear it tell
Things don't go together very well
But I left her no words on the side of
The first thing that you'd ever blow your mind for

And it's just . . .
Come on, keep on changing
Come on, little I want the jive
Let me know just what it is that fooled you, oh
With the first thing that could be ever left inside of it

Never ending, never changing
Never really sure of why, good slide
But really just knowing what contains you
Guessing all that can be build inside of it

But these times that I spent so well
Fighting contradicts so well
Then there's something still left
Something that could be gained inside
Of the first thing that could be beating inside

Come on girl, keep on changing
Come on girl, little I want the jive
My heart's just burning
What could be there, burning?
I'd like to know what you left inside of it, oh

Come on, keep on changing
Come on girl, little I want the jive
Make you good things that I do
I can't afford you
But I'll let you alone
Until I can find myself inside, so

Come on girl, just keep it changing
I know what it feels inside of me
Many times you're just so mean
I can't feel it, yeah
This rose down here can't be more than a slight

Come on, come on, come on
Keep on changing
Just little known for jive
Somewhere like New York
Can it flow
Just what they talk
The first time you got a man . . .

Anonymous said...

I just saw Reid play with the Cosmic Derelicts at the Turning Stone in Piermont NY. It was a first for me. He sounded AWESOME! Such a good man and a great vibe.

Natalie said...

He is amazing, love the song!